- No shielding gas required
- Recommended polarity: DCEN straight
- Diameter: .035″ (.889 millimeters)
- Weight: 2 lbs. (.907 kg)
- Tensile strength: 79,000 PSI
- This all-position Flux-Core MIG wire is self-shielded, making it ideal for work on rusty, dirty and painted material.
MODERATE TO LOW SPATTER
- This wire produces moderate to low spatter. Using an Argon/CO2 mix will reduce spatter.
- Forney’s E71T wire runs hotter than solid wires. This makes it best suited for single pass applications with high travel speed.
EXCELLENT FOR OUTDOOR USE
- Because this wire does not require shielding gas, it is ideal for outdoor welding. Wires that do require gas run the risk of wind blowing the gas away, ultimately resulting in porosity.